Sunday, April 1, 2007

spot the llama!

I don´t know why I didn´t think of wasting my time in Tarapoto usefully and finishing off my Soles at the internet cafe waiting for pictures to upload earlier, but here I am now, hopefully uploading some pics for you to enjoy! and yes, there is a llama finger puppet in the majority of the photos...it was one of my themes for the week, and a 2 Sole impulse purchase after a bottle of wine from a rather cute kid on the street in Cuzco...those darn kids get me every time. The llama rather enjoyed being photographed in the grand vistas, as you can see. In other update news, I am happy to report that I am still alive after a helluva transport ride from Yurimaguas to Tarapoto, over jungle mountains at night on a road that is under construction (hence only travel at night was possible) . And by under construction I think they meant being constructed. It was an exciting, crowded journey of 3.5 hours, complete with a setting sun over banana trees, a rockin´80s mix tape, a driver with a death wish passing every vehichle he could find, cocaine check points, hairpin turns causing me to clutch the "oh shit" bar often, and mini waterfalls that flowed over the dirt road. One would think this would make the road prone to wash out...yes, one would think. Anyway, it made me long for Zambian transport and made me smile too, because its nice to know that crazy drivers and dangerous roads are a travel constant. Although it was good I had elected to eat dinner after said trip. Apparently the internet has decided that those are enough pictures for you, so it will have to suffice. Much love

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very fun pictures - esp. the llama. Hope you arrive in BA safely and with less drama than the road to Lima.
Love,
Mom